Lola Prima Donna Daels °1990, Brussel (BE) represented by Kusseneers Gallery, Brussels. Currently in residency @level five Brussels.
- +32 485 52 61 04
- @level five
Lola Prima Donna Daels (b. 1990 in Jette, BE) is a Brussels based artist. Leaving from found objects, she poses critical inquiries about the ecological and socio-political situation. By reshaping and integrating her relics into new contexts she questions the concept of authenticity in our globalizing society. She has exponentially gravitated towards researching the human impact from an ecological preoccupation. She works site-specifically, both in research scope as well as in execution.
Daels obtained her master degree in visual arts in 2014 at Luca School of Arts, Brussels. She has been part of several residency programs such as EKWC (NL), Kooshk recidency (IR) and Cité Internationale des Arts (FR). Her work was shown at Bozar (BE), Extracity Kunsthal (BE), Deegar Platform (IR), Art Sonje Center Seoul (KR) and many more.
Her interest in urban complexities led to the collaboration with architect and urbanist Sebastiaan Willemen. She's is a member of Level Five artistic ecology in Brussels. Currently she's represented by Kusseneers Gallery, Brussels.
2023 January - February 11th, 2023 Duo-show ‘Light of the past’, Loup Lejeune and Lola Daels @Plagiarama Gallery
2023 Februari 2th - May, 2023 - Art au Centre Liège, Exhibition & parcours in the center of Liège.
2023 October 14, 2022 - 19.03.2023 - Minimalism-Maximalism-Mechanismmm, Exhibition at Kunsthal Aarhus, Denmark.
2022 Januari - December Veldwerk, research project in collaboration with Sebastiaan Willemen for Plan B. Find more information about this project here. .
Texts and publications
- Brief van Tine Hens aan Shell-CEO Ben van Beurden
- Interview with Subbacultcha, Who decides what’s valuable?
- Interview with Kunstenplatform PLAN B, Het onderzoeksplan: Sebastiaan Willemen & Lola Daels
- Beschouwing Ephemeral Focus, Sofie Crabbé
- Peer Production, Published by AAIR Antwerpen
- Hans Theys, over Le Vrai Fake I
- City Trip, CC Menen
- HART Magazine, Interview Lola Daels
- Extracity Antwerpen, Objects VS Things
- THE WORD magazine, chépas collective
- Rachelle Dufour, Finissage Group Exhibition
- Davis Freeman about a Favela Project
- Marck Verminck, Doelmatigheid zonder doel… voor een doel
© 2021—now. All rights reserved.
Design & Development: d-e-a-l.eu